Welcome back to my blog!
Lately, I intend to share some simple tips about how to clean broccoli before you cook them. Broccoli is a good diet choice, indeed. It has many advantages, such as high nutrition, and protect our body from cancer and stroke risk. However, any of you might not know yet that broccoli has many hidden worm inside its head. 😀 That’s why, we need to clean them up, carefully. Because it is tricky! Despite of short cooking time, you need to spend extra time to clean the broccoli before you cook. Here comes the tips:
- Make sure you buy a fresh broccoli at your favorite traditional market or supermarket. 🙂
- I usually clean the broccoli first in a water flow before cut it into pieces. 🙂
- Cut them into pieces. Make it eat-able! haha 😀 Ah! Be careful, because sometimes you can find some worm while cutting. Make sure you remove them. Hardwork! 😀
- Soak them in the basin filled with water, and add 1-2 tablespoons of salt. Let it be for about 5-10 minutes. The worm will faint and come out.
- Drained the broccoli, and wash them again 2-3 times in the basin and shake it with your hand. Drained again.
- You can double check the broccoli’s head to make sure whether the worms still exist. You can use toothpicks to help you discover the broccoli’s head. 😛
- It’s ready to cook! 😀
This is my favorite part! Cooking time!
There’s two simple way to cook broccoli for diet. These are the simplest, readers! You may have another expert recipes on your own. But, I will share the basic, here:
- Put some water into the pot/boiler pot. Heat them up until it boiled.
- Put the broccoli inside the pot.
- Add 1 tbsp salt.
- Boiled them up for only 1-2 minutes. Don’t take too long, because the longer you boiled this veggie, you will decrease the nutrition level. Crunchy is more delicious! :9 Hmmm….
- I usually take out the broccoli one by one with clamp, because sometimes you still can find the fainted worms. Hehe 😀 Take it out with clamp is to triple-check that our broccoli is already 98% clean and safe. 🙂
- You can put 1 tbsp salted butter while it still warm or 1 tbsp olive oil. Those smell amazing! Try it!
- Voila! Ready to serve.
I actually prefer boiled broccoli more than the steamed. Because i feel safer if I boiled it. However, you can steam it after heating the steamer, for about 7-10 minutes. And you can serve it the same way as the point 6 abovementioned.
How is it? Easy right! A little bit takes time, but it’s better to make sure what you eat is clean already before you cook. Enjoy!
Happy cooking, all!! 😀
My Best Regards,